Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off
SOCRRA's Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Center is open 6 days a week. Drop-Off Center is located at 995 Coolidge, Troy, MI (between 14 Mile and Maple).
Monday-Friday: 9AM - 5PM
Saturday: 7AM - 1PM
This service is available ONLY to residents of our 12 SOCRRA communities as well as Bingham Farms and the City of Bloomfield Hills (not the Township) and the City of Rochester (Rochester residents must first purchase a voucher from their city office). Residency will be verified by attendant.
Some materials require special handling for safe disposal and should not be placed in the trash.
See below list for examples of Household Hazardous Waste.
- Automotive Products
- Lawn & Garden Products
- Medical Items
- Motor Oil/Filters
- Oil Filters
- Automotive Batteries
- Brake/Transmission Fluids
- Gasoline (in Fire Marshall approved container) *container not returned
- Any old medication (prescription or non) - Empty into unmarked zip top baggie
- Cleaning Products
- Syringes/Needles in rigid plastic or metal container
- Workshop/Paint Products
- Any Household Cleaners
- Wood/Metal cleaners and polishes
- Latex and Oil Paints
- Adhesives and Glues
- Paint thinner/remover
- Furniture Strippers
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFLs)
- Cooking Oil
- 4ft & 8ft fluorescent tubes
NOT ACCEPTED: Unlabeled waste or containers with unknown contents, radioactive materials, explosives, waste from clean-ups or spills, hazardous waste generated by a business or industry.