Plan a visit to SOCRRA's Education Center at the Material Recovery Facility site and see how recyclables are sorted and baled! To arrange a group tour (10 minimum), call Karen Bever at (248) 288-5150 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tours are available for school groups, senior citizens, garden clubs, environmental clubs, etc. more information
1. You buy it.
2. You use all of it
3. You recycle it.
4. The recycle truck picks it up and brings it to SOCRRA’s recycle center.
5. SOCRRA sorts and bales the material.
6. We send it to a manufacturer for processing.
7. It gets made into something new again.
8. It goes back to the store.
9. And you purchase it again.
This process happens over and over again!!!
Thanks to all who attended our Earth Day Open House Event!
We have provided a link to a wonderful article that was written
|Styrofoam is now being accepted at our Drop Off Center
You can now drop off the following items:
Cups and takeout containers
Rinsed meat trays
Food trays/lunch trays
(No Styrofoam peanuts)
*****Starting December 1ST*****
All items must be rinsed.
For businesses, being wasteful can also mean wasting money. Implementing a recycling program
can help reduce your waste and increase your bottom line.